Friday 11 March 2016

Spring optimism – predictions v Norwich City



Call me a ‘glass half full person’, which is fine with me; I’ve been slightly disappointed with all of the Manchester City fans I’ve spoken to at least in the last week (less so with similarly-opinionated non-City fans) in that they’ve given up on the Premier League title this season.

 

Of course 10-points [with a game in hand] behind a Leicester City side who, annoyingly, can’t seem to stop winning seems to be a big task to overhaul; regardless of the spring weather that’s now sweeping into Manchester - as well as the prospects of dry, warmish sunshine for the next 10 days at least that's filling me with a rejuvenated feeling - I honestly believe that we’re heading into a period of potentially good performances and results over the coming weeks.

 

Of course it still depends on ‘other results’…but I’m confident that ‘our run’ properly starts tomorrow (after a 4-0 home win last weekend)!




v Norwich City.

 


Predicted line-up, subs and outcome…

4-1-4-1 come 4-5-1:

____________________Aguero____________________





_____________________Silva______________________

Sterling___________________________________Navas
_________________________Fernandinho___________

_____________Fernando__________________________







______________________Hart______________________



Hart in goal.

I was considering that our manager might go with Bacary at right-back. But with Jesus likely to be in the starting line-up; that ‘combo down the right’ usually works very well [and so…] and, also, I think our manager appears to be sticking with Gael at left-back these days either home or away, which is fine with me and, once again therefore, our strongest back-line in my opinion; with Vinny & Nicholas for our away trip tomorrow.

Fernando ‘deep’ and Fernandinho slightly ‘advanced’ but defending also in the middle of the midfield. Raheem & Jesus the ‘wide men’ and David in support of Sergio, I think.

Willy in his usual role of goalkeeper insurance; Aleks & Bacary the wide defensive cover and Eliaquim should we need him as a replacement in the middle of the defence. Manu, the creative livewire in midfield from the EDS, likely to get in ‘the 7’; Woeful [against Aston Villa] Wilfried and the unfortunate ‘bench man’ Kelechi the attacking options ‘from the side’.

Notable absences: Martin Demichelis (not selected), Kevin De Bruyne (injured), Fabian Delph (injured), Samir Nasri (injured) and Yaya Toure (injured).

Do I agree with Pellegrini’s (predicted) line-up?


No problem with that at all.

Result? Norwich City do concede a lot and, slightly worryingly, they can’t score much either. Worryingly? Why? I’m sure it’s something they’ll have been working on a lot throughout the week; they are at home and I think, therefore, they’ll score tomorrow. But I think, eventually, we’ll blitz these on Saturday! A crucial away win for me.

Expected weather conditions during the game: Dry, slightly overcast, a light Southerly breeze and around 9C.

No comments:

Post a Comment