Thursday 11 May 2017

Same ground, same KO time…


…same 3-points-outcome as last Saturday would be just grand, thank you very much!


(Blog published in advance of our manager's pre-match press conference).

Great weekend!


What a fabulous performance it was from City last Saturday over a Crystal Palace side that was run ragged for 90+ minutes! In a strange way, though, it took a good save from Willy Caballero and from a fairly low-powered Christian Benteke header when the score was 1-0 to help us on our way. But apart from that? We were awesome!

Best performance of the season? I’m not sure; the 2nd half against Barca springs to mind straight away. But it was certainly ONE of the best this season – the pace of the attack and sheer effort / closing-down was both breath taking and excellent. Liverpool drawing and Manyoo losing capped all that off nicely!

More of that please…

v Leicester City


Etihad Stadium


Predicted line-up, subs and outcome.

Fluid 4-5-1:



____________________Jesus____________________






Sane__________________________________Sterling


____________Silva___________De Bruyne_________

____________________Toure____________________








___________________Cabellero__________________



Unless Pep has seen something in training in midweek, I can’t honestly see him changing a team that did so very well last Saturday followed by a week off to rest and ‘go again’. I know he has a strong tendency to ‘tinker’…but I’m going for no changes in ‘the 11’.

Little change on the bench from last Saturday too; John & Sergio the only possible alterations to the 7 on the side that provided back-up against Palace.

Notable absences: Outfield player with gloves on (injured for the rest of the season), Pablo Zabaleta (not selected / being saved for a farewell bow on Tuesday night?), Fabian Delph (not selected), Ilkay Gundogan (injured for the rest of the season), Nolito (not selected) & Kelechi Iheanacho (not selected).

Do I agree with Pep’s (predicted) line-up?


No probs with that at all!
 
Result?

This is what I had been thinking all week and wrote in advance on Wednesday…

With vital points still required to secure 3rd or 4th at the VERY least; I say with some regret – fairly confident otherwise that we’ll beat a sometimes-stubborn WBA on Tuesday night and then-also a floundering Watford the following Sunday - that I’m not expecting us to grab ‘all 3’ in the early KO this Saturday.

1.    Apart from a little wobble of 2 defeats and a draw; The Foxes have won 7 from at least the last 10 league games under their new, Caretaker Manager…and key, attacking players have finally got last season’s ‘mojo’ back. The Midlands outfit will be a real threat to our defence.

2.    It just wouldn’t be City to do things the easy way and allow its fans to enjoy & relax a little now, would it?

I’d love to be able to say that this’ll be a home win and, therefore, we’d take a large leap towards Champions League security for next season but, instead, I just have to go with my current instincts and agree with my mini prediction piece from a few weeks back; nailing my colours to this one as-being a draw. Sorry…I hope, in the right way of course, that I’m wrong.

However…

…I had a change of mind and general feeling on Thursday when I read a report that stated our opponents were facing a 'mini injury crisis' to their defence.

They'll still pose a threat to OUR defence, of course – there’ll be goals at both ends in this one I think – but I think we’ll score far more. I’m going for a home win and something along the lines of 4-1 or 4-2. I hope my latter ‘gut feeling’ is more accurate than my previous one…



No comments:

Post a Comment