Sunday 19 November 2017

Quick Blog note.

No time for a pre-Feyenoord Blog-posting but I am already prepping one for our next Premier League clash next Sunday, when we visit Huddersfield Town. Fingers crossed for no major family issues in the meantime; I'll get that one posted this-coming Friday evening or Saturday morning.


Quick word on yesterday 'n' stuff...


Despite predicting a win against Leicester, I must admit I got some wobbles a couple of hours before the game after first-being told by a reader (thank you again!) that Otamendi was suspended and already knowing that Delph was a doubt.

Thankfully, however, Fabian not only played but was, once again, outstanding...and where the HELL did Vincent Kompany come from?! I like to think I'm 'on the ball' with most things City but family illness issues aside; I didn't even know 'our skip' was back in training! He should have been sent off though...

I think we'll definitely need to bolster the defence in January - I thought we needed to before the close of the summer window and, in fairness, we did try. 




But I'm not sure with Delph playing so well (although he can be injury prone of course), having Danilo who can cover - although far less effective going forward down that flank - and £52M man Benjamin Mendy due back in 4 or 5 months that we don't need an 'out & out left-back'. However, I do think we're desperate for some central defensive cover.

Therefore - and in my opinion - summer target Jonny Evans who plays central but who can and has covered left-side would seem to fit the bill perfectly, especially entering the last 18-months of his contract come January.

Crackin' strike from Kevin De Bruyne yesterday; another superb attacking display from all and another clean sheet from our defensive department. Great stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment