Tuesday 5 December 2017

Chance for a rest, some fresh faces and a change of formation?

Could be! 

 

I’m going for a bold-prediction, new-look team for our visit to the Ukraine on Wednesday night...a game that will finish local time around 11:35pm!


v Shakhtar Donetsk


Metalist Oblast Sports Complex



Fluid 4-6-0:


_____________________________________________



____________________Diaz_____________________

Sane__________________________________Sterling


________Gundogan___Foden____B. Silva_________


____________________Toure____________________


Zinchenko______________________________Danilo

____________Mangala_____Adarbioyo___________




____________________Bravo___________________



Notable absences: Vincent Kompany (not selected / rested / protected), John Stones (injured for about another 3-½ weeks), Benjamin Mendy (continues his rehab following injury/surgery), Kevin De Bruyne (suspended for this game) & Sergio Aguero (not selected / rested).

Do I agree with Pep’s (predicted) line-up?

Well this might be a little bit of a “fun” suggestion from me…but if I was Pep I’d certainly consider it for our meaningless game.

Result? Of course, the home side are going to really go for it to secure 2nd place in the qualifying group and with a win for Napoli over bottom side Feyenoord likely, they will need to avoid defeat. With us playing a virtual ‘2nd 11’, if I’m right of course, this’ll be a toughie.

But do you know what, looking at that side it really is quite decent! Tough to break down, I’d say, with PLENTY of players that can hurt ‘the oppo’.

If I am right with my predicted starting 11; all things considered I think it’ll be a draw. And If I am right with my predicted starting 11, we’ll have a fresh-legged, ‘first 11’ and strong bench going into the Trafford v Manchester derby…

No comments:

Post a Comment